Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Awareness

TOI has started a new week-end magazine called "Crest" and after two weeks of waiting.. (our newspaper boy never delivers anything new I ask him to deliver for 2-3 weeks until the time, I threaten to stop his services..) I went out and bought it at the stand. TOI as such has nowadays got really a boring newspaper... It is loaded with advertisements and classifieds and sometimes, I wounder why I need to pay for it.. they must be earning more from advertisements, classifieds and page 3... well I hear sometimes even page 3 celebs pay them for the party coverage they do.

But at least, at the moment, it seems Crest is different..

I came across an article on awareness which was not really anything new but put across in a really impressive way. It was about what most spiritual shools of thought teach. About mind control, living in "present" and being aware of what you are into at any given point of day.. be it eating food or talking to someone on phone.. stay involved and o just the thing that you are into.. sounded prescriptive, yet cool..

There were several other articles on politics, sports, art/culture, spirituality, travel, living blah blah.. which were informative and editorial style rather than the regular news reporting style..
I think I am going to stop getting the daily "raddi" of TOI and stick to Crest and may be switch to another newspaper for daily dose very soon.