Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2007

At the IBM Thinkpad repair center

For an IT professional and particularly a manager like me a thinkpad crash can be a nightmare.. I was about to get into one this morning, but luckily the nightmare was shortlived... 2 hrs.. :-)

I went to the thinkpad (laptop) repair center this morning and found a great analogy with we taking our kids to a doctor.... One of the technicians there took the control of laptop and asked me to wait.. Doctors do that as well... Diagnosed the case and told me about the problem. In my case the laptop did not need any spare replacement (medication) but a bios reset did the job. She told me to oberve the laptop for a day and call her back if the problem repeats.. does this not sound very similar to we taking our kid / ourself to doctor. while I was waiting outside in the lounge, this analogy striked to me and I started working back on what should the Thinkpad center learn from Doctor's Dispensery/Clinic and vice versa... for eg: it would have been great if the TP center had magzines/newspapers - like they have in dispenseries/clinics.. :-)
bye and over 'n' out for now.